CodingStyle

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Mar 3 07:37:18 PST 2014

On Mon, 2014-03-03 at 16:17 +0100, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Mar 2014, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > On Mon, 2014-03-03 at 15:41 +0100, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn wrote:
> > > Emacs has the ability to learn coding styles.
> >
> > Cool, I had never used that before.
> >
> > > Dirk,
> > >
> > > Could you please point out a few files that could be used as
> > > templates?
> >
> > At this point, the C/C++/h files have been reformatted using my clang
> > tool. Some things are not as I would love them to be (e.g. what was done
> > to the enums), but as I said when I announced that commit - this is
> > better than what we had before because it can easily be reproduced.
>
> So, you mean any file could be a template?  Alright.  I took
> profile.c, replaced the profile.h include with its contents, generated
> the elisp-script-fragment (attachment #1) and used that to reindent
> the file.  The diff result is shown in attachment #2.

Thanks for that diff. You chose well as you are clearly showing cases
where my whitespace tool creates crap output.

Let me fix my tool, first, and figure out how much more damage it did.
I went through many test files and manually looked at the changes it
made, but profile.c clearly wasn't one of them