CodingStyle

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Mar 3 13:32:17 PST 2014

On Mon, 2014-03-03 at 07:37 -0800, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > > At this point, the C/C++/h files have been reformatted using my clang
> > > tool. Some things are not as I would love them to be (e.g. what was done
> > > to the enums), but as I said when I announced that commit - this is
> > > better than what we had before because it can easily be reproduced.
> >
> > So, you mean any file could be a template?  Alright.  I took
> > profile.c, replaced the profile.h include with its contents, generated
> > the elisp-script-fragment (attachment #1) and used that to reindent
> > the file.  The diff result is shown in attachment #2.
>
> Thanks for that diff. You chose well as you are clearly showing cases
> where my whitespace tool creates crap output.
>
> Let me fix my tool, first, and figure out how much more damage it did.
> I went through many test files and manually looked at the changes it
> made, but profile.c clearly wasn't one of them

OK, I used my lunch break (the things I do for fun...) to tweak the tool
and fixed two odd cases that I noticed when studying profile.c.

This has been checked in and pushed.

Would you test the emacs auto-generated indentation settings against the
latest? And add them to CodingStyle if they seem to work?

Thanks