CodingStyle

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Mar 5 16:19:21 PST 2014

On Thu, 2014-03-06 at 00:59 +0100, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Mar 2014, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn wrote:
> > On Wed, 5 Mar 2014, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> >
> > > - Positioning of the /* fallthrough */ comment in switch statements
> > >
> > > I kinda like it where I had it (lined up with "case" so it stands out
> > > more)
[...]
> (indenting the comment in tha same way a 'break' would be) would still
> be more "natural".

As I said - "I kinda like" the other one better.

No code will be rejected for one or the other.

At the end of the day the rules and tools are there to make our (and,
frankly, my) life(s) easier. Easier to read and understand consistently
formatted code, easy to verify / obtain consistently formatted code.

This is not a goal onto itself. It's something to help us overall be
more productive. So let's not turn this into more than it is.

I am open to suggestions and ideas where what we have can be improved.