Update Checking

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Mar 6 10:54:00 PST 2014

On Wed, 2014-03-05 at 16:50 +0300, Joshua Joseph wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The attached patch implements the check for updates feature for windows and mac.

A few comments...

I would much rather like the app to figure out the OS it's running on at
runtime. It would be useful for us to know if people run 32bit WinXP or
64bit Win8.1. And that would avoid the silly "unknown" that is currently
the only value you'll get when building on Linux.

there appears to be some '4 space' indentation happening in
subsurface.pro

when presenting the link with the latest version - can this be made
clickable so that it open that link in a browser (and therefore starts
the download)?

what does your code do in the presence of proxies? shouldn't it show the
error / response that it received instead of just showing a standard
warning?

I like the direction this is going, let's work on making it better!