RFC: Initial git save format

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Thu Mar 6 14:29:59 PST 2014

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 2:03 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> compiling save-git.c
> save-git.c: In function ‘create_new_commit’:
> save-git.c:569:3: error: too many arguments to function ‘git_branch_create’
> save-git.c:572:2: error: too many arguments to function ‘git_reference_set_target’

Ok, it looks like different versions of libgit have different
arguments, with the one I had installed from source having an extra
author and logmessage argument.

I'll have to figure out the versioning, it is not obvious where that happens.

Damn library authors that don't get the whole "you need to get versioning right"

          Linus