Improving the authentication process of subsurface.

Harshit Gupta B.Tech., Electrical, IT-BHU, Varanasi (INDIA) harshit.gupta.eee11 at iitbhu.ac.in
Sat Mar 8 04:02:54 PST 2014

Hi all.!

I am one of the GSoC'14 aspirant and have been trying to study the Android
Companion App of subsurface. Initially when playing with the app, I found
it cumbersome while retrieving my id on an existing account.

I have to click on the click on existing account option and after writing
my email-id, An email is received containing my generated id. Then I have
to copy my generated id and then paste in the retrieve account option.

Instead of doing this way, We can ask for a password while creating a new
account on subsurface.
Now, when the user will try to retrieve his account of subsurface, he can
directly enter his email-id and a password.
We can use the generated id for the background transferring purposes.

I think this will be more user friendly and flexible too.I need your
comments , So that I can start working at it as soon as possible.

Regards,
Harshit Gupta,
Freak005