Patch

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Mar 8 07:59:15 PST 2014

On Sat, 2014-03-08 at 23:00 +0800, Rishubh Jain wrote:
> Hey Dirk
>

> Please review my patch once more ...I think its usefull and i guess
> even few people like thiago thinks it will be usefull,
>
> It makes the UI a little more friendly

You have not read my response. You have not reacted to the explanation
in my response. Instead you keep sending messages urging me to
reconsider and apply your patch.

You have not addressed the issues that I raised with the formatting of
the patch (commit message), the formatting of the code (indentation), or
the issue that at the point where you inserted the code, calling
file_save() means that you will try to save an inconsistent state since
you are IN THE MIDDLE OF EDITING A DIVE.

No, the patch is wrong. You CANNOT simply save there.

Yes, I might be willing to consider a patch that tells the user "you're
in the middle of editing, do you really just want to throw away
everything?" (not those words, the idea) and offers "quit anyway" "go
back".

I will not accept a patch that calls file_save() at this spot.

Also, when redoing the patch, remove the qDebug() calls, please