Patch

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Mar 8 08:46:13 PST 2014

First. Do not top post. It breaks the flow of conversation.

On Sun, 2014-03-09 at 00:22 +0800, Rishubh Jain wrote:
> I am sorry for the silly mistakes...i am willing to correct my
> mistakes...I understand the indent problem and the commit message I
> will definitely improvise that, and will surely remove the qDebug()
> calls....

Good.

> but i still didnt get the idea of not using what i did..isnt it the
> same thing saving on the messge box or saving where you were
> editing?..please explain me if possible..and if you consider my trying
> to understand worthy of explanation..If not then it is ok

I don't really know what else to tell you. The check before the message
box is shown tells us that the user is in the middle of editing a dive.
Because of the way we store the information that is being entered, that
dive could be in an inconsistent state. Data entered will get lost -
which is NOT the result that the user expects when hitting 'save'.

So the user first needs to decide if they want to keep the changes to
the dive that they made. That's why we are telling them to go back
there.

Yes, you can cancel and just quit. As I said in my previous response
(way below, thanks to your top-reply) that would be acceptable.

But simply calling file_save() there is flat out wrong.

/D