Technical Discussion on VPM

Gopichand Paturi gopichandpaturi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 06:09:30 PDT 2014

Hi Robert,
Small development in my understanding.

Please see this link
http://www.deepocean.net/deepocean/index.php?science04.php

In this if you actually go down the page where it's given to handle
reformulated VPM,
I see that the  initial radius is same across compartments is defined as
critical radius.
Also this value is a constant (based on experiments) so I think we can
proceed with this value which is of the order of microns.

So, I think this is a valid statement,

surface tension γ, the crumbling compression γc, the minimum initial radius
r0min, the regeneration time constant τR and a composite parameter λ. The
latter is related to the critical volume Vcrit. The parameters are the same
for each compartment.

Let me know your feedback.

Regards,
Gopichand.