Few bugs and a feature req from testing Subsurface

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 04:33:23 PDT 2014

Features:

Bugs:
- I have one DC recording near surface time properly another is not
recording these times. This results in the second DC recording shorter dive
duration. And Subsurface seems to trust more the latter DC when reporting
dive duration even though it used to be that first downloaded DC was the
main one.

- Downloading first EAN32 dive from one DC and then downloading second DC
for the same dive with EAN21 (this DC resets its EAN if it is set too early
before dive), forces the whole dive to show as being air in this case. I
ended up with two cylinders, first with EAN32 and proper start and end
pressures as reported by air integration, second with AIR and no pressure
info (no air integration on second).

- Many events are missing the label explaining what they are (on the
tooltip)

- Dive buddy selection from list with keyboard is not working properly. I
have entries with first name only and with full name. If I type start of
the first name, I get list of matches properly, but cannot select the full
name with arrow keys.

Crash:
Dive data import error => Segmentation fault
[5.539] ERROR: Unexpected answer start byte(s). [in suunto_vyper.c:371
(suunto_vyper_read_dive)]
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Unfortunately the default core handler seems to be apport and it ignores
cores from apps that do not belong to any package. So no details available
on this one.

miika