Feature: Showing units along with labels

Lakshman acrlakshman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 09:21:11 PDT 2014

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 10:16 AM, Thiago Macieira <thiago at macieira.org>wrote:

> Em seg 10 mar 2014, às 10:13:45, Lakshman escreveu:
> > On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 10:07 AM, Thiago Macieira
> <thiago at macieira.org>wrote:
> > > [%1]").arg(get_temp_unit().at(1)));
> > >
> > > Why do you have the at(1) there?
> >
> > Hi Thiago, I used 'at' to access the unit of the variable by ignoring
> > degree symbol, which you suggested it completely wrong. Since
> > get_temp_unit() returns (^\{circ}C), I am grabbing the unit only from the
> > string.
>
> It was only wrong when you used std::string, due to encoding issues.
>
> If you're using QString, then arg(get_temp_unit()) should work just fine.

I get it now. I misunderstood that as, it is not correct to use the
character (^{\circ}) in the display panel, my bad. Updated patch along with
a result image is attached to this mail.

Can you please clarify the following doubt regarding patch formatting. I
made changes to the code by following all rules in `CodingStyle` file, and
the code has 8 space chars for tab, etc, however in the patch, these are
not reflected, is that some mistake from my side or patches are formatted
like this?