Minizip integration in Subsurface

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 04:03:41 PDT 2014

forwarded to the mailing list.
(discussions of this type should be public)

On 11 March 2014 03:33, Alberto Corona <albcoron at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi my name is Alberto, I'm planning on writing my GSoC proposal for minizip
> integration. I've taken a look at the source and it seems that most of the
> zip handling is done through file.c/.h with the paths being handled in the
> platform specific .c files (linux.c, macos.c..), is this correct?

hi Alberto,

your assumption about the platform files is correct, while windows.c
is the main reason for the abstraction.
file.c is used to read files, and parsing them by determining roughly
their type.
ZIP files are handled in this particular source file, but also in
other places where libzip is used directly.

i saw your GSoC application and you have one of the good ones thus far
(speaking outside of the context of just answering the Q/A), but it
would be best if you submit *at least* another meaningful patch apart
from the changes you did in 0d62efaa393, which were mostly cosmetic.
if you wish you can move away from the "no-marble" idea and do
something else; preferably something in the .c files.

just browse the code base and look for things that can be improved...

lubomir