Buttons on the profile tool bar

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Tue Mar 11 12:44:30 PDT 2014

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 4:30 PM, Willem Ferguson <
willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:

> On 11/03/2014 20:57, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
>

>> A 'Toggle Units' button on the toolbar can simplify this, what you think?
>>

> Tomaz,
>
> I am always very concious of users with screens having less resolution
> than us. On my screen I can fit in many more buttons, but I know many
> people with much less screen resolution and who would not be so lucky.  I
> am currently involved in some activity to display gas pressures for closed
> circuit rebreathers (in this case the Poseidon MkVI) and I was thinking of
> adding a button as part of the process. So I have been thinking about: if
> one has to remove buttons from the profile tool bar, which would be the
> least vital? Would it make sense to take all four of the buttons adding
> text to the Information Box (i.e. SAC, EAD, NDL/TTS, MOD) and activate them
> all with a single button that says "Show metrics"? That would save space
> for three buttons.
>
> I do not foresee a desperate need at the moment, but I am afraid that,
> with starting a button bar on the profile panel you have started a process
> that wil inevitably lead to a need for more buttons than there is space for.

Not a real issue since I can make the buttons use a 'FlowLayout' ( not
there ATM ), and when the size of the screen is smaller than the dize of
the rows of buttons, it will create another row.
 we can always create a real "QToolBar" on the application, and it already
has this feature implemented. What you guys think?