4.1 planning

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Wed Mar 12 10:57:40 PDT 2014

Em 12/03/2014 13:40, "Dirk Hohndel" <dirk at hohndel.org> escreveu:

> On Wed, 2014-03-12 at 16:15 +0100, Robert Helling wrote:
> > On 12.03.2014, at 15:50, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > > - if you are working on anything that causes UI changes or string
> > > changes, please respond and let the rest of us know. I would like to
> > > freeze the UI and strings in two weeks at the very latest.
> >
> > I must say, I am not entirely sure the image integration at the moment
is in a state to be shipped. On one side, there is the dive computer -
camera clock synchronization. In principle it’s there, but I am not sure
users will understand the procedure. Also there  could be more feedback on
consequences of current settings (i.e. with this shift, the following
pictures will be mapped to dives…).

> Thanks for bringing this up. With the influx of GSoC students I
> completely lost track of this...
>
> > The second thing is the way the images are displayed. Currently, there
is only something that could be rated as thumbnail. I was hoping that at
least we could provide a window that in a scrollable list would show all
the images linked to a dive, maybe with some additional info (like depth
and time for example). This is all not magic, but given my Qt knowledge,
for me this is several hours of work away. And currently I spend my
subsurface time on GSOC and VPM. At uni, we are currently not teaching but
I cannot promise that this type of gallery will be there at some prescribed
point in time (but maybe somebody else will try. GSOC applicants?!?)

> > Maybe, following the planner logic, this feature should be hidden in a
release if there are no substantial improvements.

> Yes, I think we might want to disable this for 4.1. It needs a better UI
> and a better experience on the profile. I really like the feature (heck,
> I spend most of my diving time with a camera in my hands), but I don't
> think it's ready.

Since I'll spend the weekend coding and the new profile is in a almost
ready state ( only needing a tiny more polish) I'll try to understand the
code for the pictures and make it better where I can.

I just need a hint of what needs to be improved / fixed.

Tomaz

Can