Patch and task

Lakshman acrlakshman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 09:06:04 PDT 2014

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 10:55 AM, Robert Helling <helling at lmu.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> here is a a patch that enables the use of the “entered” field in divedatapoint. (It also reenables the planner, so Dirk before applying you may want to remove the change to main window.cpp). The goal is, eventually, in the planner, to also show the calculated waypoints for deco stops. So far, the calculated deco is only output via qDebug() to the console.
>
> Maybe this is a nice task for a GSoC applicant to show some programming skills to make this info actually go to the UI (either in the existing table or in a third table).

Hello Robert, while trying to achieve this task, I am facing few
problems, can you guide me in case I am going wrong somewhere.

To direct this info to UI, we have two choices as you mentioned,
either create extra table or update new columns in existing
tableWidget (Dive Planner Points). However due to the space
limitation, I tried to add extra columns in the "tableWidget". For
this case, we must emit dataChange signal after each edit (either via
table or diveplannergraphics) to update all columns including the
extra columns created for the purpose of showing "computed time" and
"computed depth". From the code, it looks like "dive plan" is computed
within the drawProfile() call, and this assumes, data to be read from
tableWidget and draw the contents. For extra column case, it looks
like I must call "editSlot" after creating dive plan, which is done in
the drawProfile method. So, as a sanity check I tried to call
"editSlot" in the "for" loop of "drawProfile" where subsurface is
drawing polygon on the graphics window.

It looks like, clearly I am missing many crucial things, in case its
not a trouble can you give me a hint of the work flow that I need to
be aware of, in this case.