Patch and task

Lakshman acrlakshman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 13:17:15 PDT 2014

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 2:59 PM, Gopichand Paturi
<gopichandpaturi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Robert and Lakshman,
>
> Well, Even I have been trying to do this problem. I think we can try an
> alternative plan.
> That is, the infinite loop problem is coming there in the for loop probably
> because of some mis-handling of data in for loop.

First I admit that, I don't have thorough knowledge on the code yet, I
worked on this only yesterday night, so, I can't confidently say that
mis-handling of data is there in that loop. I believe everything is
fine, however I am sure I am wrongly handling editSlot function there.
However I could see, all tables are created the way I want them to,
but I was getting into infinite loop.

Following a naive & improper debug way, we may call
QMessageBox::warning(this, ..., QString()), inside the for loop and we
can see the flow.

> However, since we are not editing any dives here, we can run a for loop
> after the polygon drawing loop in the "showprofile".
> I mean how feasible is it to add a "editslot" into the table, just after the
> polygon graphics are drawn after that loop. This would probably help us
> avoid creating new table isn't it?

As I said, I don't have a working knowledge of the code yet, may be
that' why I couldn't understand what you are trying to say here. Till
the extent I could understand, I see there is no difference between
calling the function after drawing or while drawing. Please correct me
if I am wrong.

Thank you,
Lakshman