Few bugs and a feature req from testing Subsurface

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 14:06:25 PDT 2014

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 11:34 PM, Linus Torvalds <
torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 4:33 AM, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > - Downloading first EAN32 dive from one DC and then downloading second DC
> > for the same dive with EAN21 (this DC resets its EAN if it is set too
> early
> > before dive), forces the whole dive to show as being air in this case. I
> > ended up with two cylinders, first with EAN32 and proper start and end
> > pressures as reported by air integration, second with AIR and no pressure
> > info (no air integration on second).
>
> Yes. We currently have no really good way of *fixing* dive computer
> event association with cylinders.
>
> We try to do a good job of creating multiple cylinders and associating
> the dive computer with the right cylinder (because that's actually a
> real use case, with different dive computers sensing the pressure of
> different cylinder), but in your case there weren't actually multiple
> cylinders, there was just a confused dive computer.
>
> The gas switch and pressure events get associated with the index of
> the cylinder that matches the gasmix of the dive computer etc, but
> there's room for improvement. I suggest, for example, that if somebody
> manually deletes a cylinder so that the divecomputer cylinder index
> now points to something that no longer exists, we might just want to
> say "ok, let's just reset the cylinder index".
>
> But I think you'd need to implement that logic. I *might* take a look
> at it if you send me the XML file for the dive, but no promises.

Today was a good day when trying the download. Worked like a charm with no
errors, no crashes.

So here is log of the two dives. Seems that Vyper, that was downloaded
first, does not have any gas change events on it. On the other hand Stinger
has one such event...

Shouldn't a gaschange event be generated on download even if the computer
does not have such? This dive is the only one with 1 gaschange event among
the 35 downloaded from my two computers, all the other dives are without
one. Do we only generate gaschange events when diving air?

miika