Few bugs and a feature req from testing Subsurface

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Mar 13 16:26:29 PDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-03-13 at 23:06 +0200, Miika Turkia wrote:

> So here is log of the two dives. Seems that Vyper, that was downloaded
> first, does not have any gas change events on it. On the other hand
> Stinger has one such event...
>
> Shouldn't a gaschange event be generated on download even if the
> computer does not have such? This dive is the only one with 1
> gaschange event among the 35 downloaded from my two computers, all the
> other dives are without one. Do we only generate gaschange events when
> diving air?

As always, it's complicated. For Suunto divecomputers we should have
exactly the gas change events that the computer sends to us. On multi
gas capable Suuntos you ALWAYS start with the first gas, so there's no
change necessary.

On some other dive computers you can start with a different gas. And
depending on how the DC works, some times we end up encoding that
information with an artificial gas change event at the very start of the
dive.

I literally would have to read through the code why this event suddenly
shows up. Is it possible that you had the Vyper Air set for EAN32 and
the Stinger for Air? That might confuse things...