Few bugs and a feature req from testing Subsurface

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Mar 15 17:54:25 PDT 2014

On Sat, 2014-03-15 at 17:19 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 1:57 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> >
> > Based on our logic you SHOULD NOT be able to delete either of the
> > cylinders as they are both IN USE. You have to FIRST delete the gas
> > change event (making the cylinder no longer in use) and THEN delete the
> > cylinder. Otherwise we end up with a gas change event to a gas that no
> > longer exists!
>
> Well, we could just remove the gas event.

But that means if someone removes the tank it removes the gas event and
if all they wanted was to change the tank data (as you speculated
earlier) the gas change is gone.
This seems to be more predictable. If you try to remove a tank that is
in use it stops you from doing so. Then you can remove the gas change
event and then remove the tank (if that's what you wanted)

> And right now I don't think we have any way to remove gas events...

Details, details. I'll fix that.