facing problem in code compiling

Venkatesh Shukla IT BHU venkatesh.shukla.eee11 at itbhu.ac.in
Sat Mar 15 18:40:06 PDT 2014

On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 12:53 AM, Lakshman <acrlakshman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 2:14 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2014-03-16 at 02:09 +0800, Farzana Raisa wrote:
> >> I am facing problem in compiling your source code in ubuntu. Though i
> >> have compiled livedivecomputer it is saying unable to locate package
> >> libgit2-dev. What to do?
> >
> If you are using ubuntu 13.10, apt-get install libgit2-dev will do the
> job, which worked for me and it should be good for the rest of the
> installation. In case you are using 12.04, Venkatesh from this mailing
> list clarified it to other user in IRC channel, which I don't
> remember, but he might help here.

Farzana

Sorry for late reply. If you are working on Ubuntu 12.04, libgit2-dev is
not officially available.
So, for adding libgit2-dev, one has to use an unofficial PPA. Given below
are the steps to install it in Ubuntu 12.04

1. Add the unofficial PPA by executing this command on the terminal: sudo
add-apt-repository ppa:xav0989/libgit2
2. Update your package lists by executing this command : sudo apt-get update
3. Finally install the required package: sudo apt-get install libgit2-dev

Try it. It might help.

*Venkatesh Shukla *