Error during compilation of Libdivecomputer for android

Venkatesh Shukla IIT BHU venkatesh.shukla.eee11 at iitbhu.ac.in
Sat Mar 15 19:11:55 PDT 2014

Glance

I have been trying to compile the libdivecomputer for android. I underwent
the following steps.

1. I cloned your repo https://github.com/glance-/subsurface-android
2. I editted the build.sh script for proper path to android_sdk ,
android_ndk and Qt5.2.1
3. I ran the bash script using bash build.sh It started by fetching git
repo - libdivecomputer and subsurface. Libdivecomputer was successfully
fetched but while executing git submodule update, the following error
occurred.

fatal: reference is not a tree: e0610361518e71c6d4964d3c3cbd0a6097399034
Unable to checkout 'e0610361518e71c6d4964d3c3cbd0a6097399034' in submodule
path 'subsurface'

I tried the commands  a) git submodule foreach git fetch and b) git fetch
--recurse-submodules after some googling but it didn't help. Still the
above error would jump up on git update submodule.

4. I bypassed the git update submodule command. Rest of the bash script
worked fine until this error

Could not find qmake configuration file android-g++.
Error processing project file: ../subsurface/subsurface.pro

Maybe this is because subsurface wasn't built up. The subsurface directory
contains files of subsurface but subsurface-build is empty.

What could I do to overcome this? It is a major hurdle for me.
I am interested in the android divecomputer downloader and this application
is its foundation.

Please help.

*Venkatesh Shukla B. Tech  ( Electrical Engineering )III YearIndian
Institute of TechnologyBanaras Hindu UniversityPh No. +91 8960 579 122*
*Email: venkatesh.shukla.eee11 at iitbhu.ac.in
<venkatesh.shukla.eee11 at iitbhu.ac.in>*