[Patch] Open File Dialog File Location Text Misaligned

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Mar 18 09:51:06 PDT 2014

On Tue, 2014-03-18 at 23:50 +0800, Long Wu wrote:
> I agree so, but this text misalignment only happens in Qt4.8? Anybody
> tried in Qt5.0?

That picture looks totally bogus. That's what needs to be addressed.

> Using QFileDialog static methods will cause this, but creating a
> QFileDialog object would fix it by the following look:

So that looks right to me. So we need to create the object instead. Can
you send patches?

And can you try to not top post? This has been an ongoing issue with
several of the GSoC students. Let me be a little more forceful here.
GSoC is about learning to contribute to a project. That includes
learning to effectively communicate on the mailing list. Top posting in
email threads is not effectively communicating. I have no problem using
this as an exclusion criteria.

This is not directed at you specifically, but a general statement for
ALL of the students.