Marbledata for out of tree builds

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Mar 18 10:03:46 PDT 2014

On Tue, 2014-03-18 at 16:51 +0100, Anton Lundin wrote:
> Nowadays when i testbuild things for Qt4 and Qt5 ive started to build
> out of tree to make it easy to compare results.
>
> I'm not sure if creating a symlink is the best option, but it works for
> our main build environments so I'm sending this one out. If someone have
> a better idea how to solve it in a windows compatible way...

So this is something that I had on my todo list for a while. Especially
with my Win32 test builds I constantly clean my tree which is getting
more an more annoying as compile times go up.

So having a clean, uncluttered checked out git tree and then build in
other directories seems quite tempting to me, as long as it's convenient
and easy to do (including for my cross build).

Do you have instructions for what you do? Have you considered adding
them to the INSTALL file?

Thanks