GSoC 2014 - Touch UI Port (Android)

Dylan House dhouse08 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 15:22:34 PDT 2014

Hi everyone. This is the first time that I'm applying for GSoC.

I'm a student in the US and I'm very interested in working on the touch UI
port<http://trac.hohndel.org/wiki/Subsurface_GSOC_2014_Idea_List#TouchUIPortAndroid>
(Android) for
your Subsurface application.

I'm familiar with C++, and I've created small apps that made use of the
OpenGL, SDL, and Winsock libraries. I've also installed the Android SDK w/
Eclipse on my PC, and have read through the Android
Developers<http://developer.android.com/index.html> handbook,
though I haven't had the opportunity yet to implement any code for Android
- but I've been meaning to. I don't have any experience with Qt, but I did
use tkinter for a Python application, so maybe there's something useful I
learned there.

Do you have any questions or other info for me? And are there any questions
that I should be asking you at this point?

Cheers!
--
Dylan