Self Introduction & iOS Companion App Proof of Concept

kareem hewady kareem_hewady at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 08:18:26 PDT 2014

Dear All,
I'm Kareem Hewady, 2nd year electrical engineering student at Ain Shams University, Egypt. I'm applying for GSoC this year. I'm really interested in the iOS Companion App Idea.

I've just finished a "Proof of concept" iOS App and published it to GitHut (see link below). I think i've done all of the webservice API calls heavy lifting (God bless RestKit) so it may help even if I don't get selected :)
I've to repeat this is just a rough proof of concept that took 3 days of work. There is an immense room for improvement including some to the webservice itself.
The next big steps are:
1- Implementing the background app refresh to enable background checks for location.
2- Integrating Map Views (Google's or Apple's)
3- Adding some data visualisations views.
Also I've to apologise for not providing any documentation now.
So, Please review the code if you can. provide some feedback. I'm open to all suggestions. Hopefully, you can forgive me if I've done mistakes.

Repo Link: https://github.com/kareem-hewady/Subsurface-Companion-iOS

Regards,
Kareem Hewady