proposed solution for "#436 Output should be directed to the windows console"

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Wed Mar 19 12:16:46 PDT 2014

Em qua 19 mar 2014, às 11:54:06, Thiago Macieira escreveu:
> One exception to that rule is for output related to parsing the
> command-line:  only users using a terminal will pass arguments on the
> command-line.

Dirk has just pointed out to me that this is exactly the problem: we want to
display the help options when the user passes --help, but since Subsurface.exe
is a "GUI subsystem" application, stdout is not shown anywhere. I doubt that
stderr is any different, but I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

The simplest solution is to just take the help and version strings, place it
in a QMessageBox and show them to the user.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358