Building android version

Venkatesh Shukla IIT BHU venkatesh.shukla.eee11 at iitbhu.ac.in
Thu Mar 20 23:03:44 PDT 2014

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 11:00 AM, Venkatesh Shukla IIT BHU <
venkatesh.shukla.eee11 at iitbhu.ac.in> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 10:29 AM, Farzana Raisa <farzanaahmed17 at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I guess you didn't provide any building instruction for your android
>> code. I want to build the android version. Can anyone help me please?

> Farzana
>
> Could you be more specific about which version you are speaking of. I may
> be of help here.
> Is it subsurface-android or subsurface-companion?
>
> Venkatesh Shukla

If you are speaking of subsurface-android (subsurface-companion doesn't
require any building), the steps are as below

0. Download, if you don't already have, android-sdk, android-ndk and
Qt5.2.1 for android (read README). Extract them and remember the location.
cmake is also required for this. As it is dealing with android, ant and adb
are also needed along with a working jdk and all the dependencies of
subsurface.
1. Clone the git repo - git clone
https://github.com/glance-/subsurface-android.git
2. Inside the subsurface-android repo, there is a file named build.sh, open
the file in gedit or vim
3. Edit the lines 2 - 4 to provide path to your android_sdk directory ,
android_ndk sirectory and Qt5.2.1 directory
4. Run the build.sh script by running the command: bash build.sh
5. The script will download the appropriate files needed for the build and
if successful, a new directory name something like "Qtdebug-build" will be
formed in subsurface-build folder. This is your compiled android native
code.
6. Import this folder into eclipse and run it. You have subsurface on your
android.

Note: If you have installed libedivecomputer previously in your system,
please uninstall it before running this script. Do it by running sudo make
uninstall in the libdivecomputer folder.

Tell me if you have any trouble.

Venkatesh Shukla