Error while building subsurface-android in fedora

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Fri Mar 21 05:43:34 PDT 2014

On 21 March, 2014 - Venkatesh Shukla IIT BHU wrote:

> Hello Anton
>
> I have been wanting to work on the divecomputer android downloader project
> for subsurface during the summer.
> You are listed as its mentor. Could you please have a look at my proposal
> and give some suggestions or feedback on how may I improve it.
> I will be grateful.
>
> Also, after the "OS wars" on the IRC channel a day back, I have installed
> Fedora 20 on my system and I am currently tinkering with it.
> I have installed all the dependencies as was stated in the subsurface
> website and sdk, ndk, Qt5 etc.
> While building the subsurface-android, I came upon the same "tree not
> found" error even though the tree was present. I cannot fathom the reason
> behind this. I overcame that by submodule deinit and adding submodule again.

Yea, that because i updated the android branch without updating the
submodule ref. Anyone with a tip on how to handle that in any sane way?

> The main error I am facing now is during the make of the libxslt.
>
> "crypto.c:330:20: fatal error: gcrypt.h: No such file or directory"
>
> http://pastebin.com/c7Ng72Tx contains the make part of the build.
>
> I can assure you that libgcrypt-devel.x86_64  and libgcrypt.x86_64 are
> installed in my system.

That probably the issue.

I didn't have any gcrypt development packages installed.

One of the hassles with cross compiling is if you cross environment
detects things from your host environment.

Give libxslt's configure a --without-crypto to ignore your libgcrypt
form your host.

Pushed a fix with that in it.

//Anton

--