build errors with save-git.c and upstream libgit2

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 06:43:36 PDT 2014

On 21 March 2014 15:23, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 21 March 2014 15:19, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> today today i've tried pulling the latest libgit2 and got the
>> following set of errors.
>> i don't find 'git_checkout_opts opts' or ' GIT_CHECKOUT_OPTS_INIT'
>> declared in the libgit2 tree or in our sources.
>
> by "upsteam", i'm assuming this is an active repository; currently
> shows "authored 2 hours ago":
> https://github.com/libgit2/libgit2

right, so it looks like "upstream" is the "development" branch, which
they have marked as the default one in github.
it no longer has the GIT_CHECKOUT_OPTS_INIT logic, which is an API change.
the "master" branch on the other hand has it and it's from 4 months.

so if they eventually bump the version, GIT_CHECKOUT_OPTS_INIT will no
longer work and that leads to the speculation of a non-patch/revision
level version increment...

lubomir