build errors with save-git.c and upstream libgit2

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 11:08:34 PDT 2014

On 21 March 2014 19:41, Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 6:19 AM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> today today i've tried pulling the latest libgit2 and got the
>> following set of errors.
>> i don't find 'git_checkout_opts opts' or ' GIT_CHECKOUT_OPTS_INIT'
>> declared in the libgit2 tree or in our sources.
>
> Christ.
>
> Looks like they renamed the "opts" part to "options".
>
> At least this time we have a preprocessor symbol to test. Does this
> trivial patch work for you?

yes, it does.

we are already bound the the USE_LIBGIT21_API flag, so i think these
two defs. can go inside the old branch (?):
#if !LIBGIT2_VER_MAJOR && LIBGIT2_VER_MINOR <= 20 && !defined(USE_LIBGIT21_API)

also i've placed the check on top of the file, so that we don't move
them around more if other API issues are found.

lubomir