Broken package error ubuntu

Robert C. Helling helling at atdotde.de
Sat Mar 22 05:57:25 PDT 2014

On 22 Mar 2014, at 12:14, Farzana Raisa <farzanaahmed17 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am facing some problem with ubuntu it is not letting me install any software. Saying you have held broken package. Does anyone have any idea how to resolve it?
> Thanks in advance.

In that case I would run the synaptic package manager. There you can show the broken packages and either deinstall them or install the missing dependencies. When trying to do the later make sure you update your package list first (either in synaptic or by doing
sudo apt-get update

Best
Robert

                      Scientific Coordinator
print "Just another   Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
    stupid .sig\n";   http://www.atdotde.de