Dive data import error with Hollis DG03

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 13:45:20 PDT 2014

Thanks for the response Jef,

On 24 March 2014 05:30, Jef Driesen <jef at libdivecomputer.org> wrote:

> This sounds very similar to the ftdi latency problem that was reported
> recently on the libdivecomputer mailinglist [1]. Can you check the latency
> timer for the serial port (/dev/ttyUSB0), with this command:
>
> cat /sys/bus/usb-serial/devices/ttyUSB0/latency_timer
>
> If it contains the value 1, try increasing it to 16, with this command (as
> root):
>
> echo 16 > /sys/bus/usb-serial/devices/ttyUSB0/latency_timer

It contains the value 1, but I'm not able to change it. Yes, I was root.

# cat /sys/bus/usb-serial/devices/ttyUSB0/latency_timer
1
# echo 16 > /sys/bus/usb-serial/devices/ttyUSB0/latency_timer
# cat /sys/bus/usb-serial/devices/ttyUSB0/latency_timer
1

Since nothing has changed, downloading in subsurface is just as
unsuccessful as before. If I unplug the cable, the file disappears,
along with the entire ttyUSB0 directory.

I'm lost as to how I can make the value stick. Perhaps a boot option?
Maybe kernel config?

> Can you also try to run libdivecomputer's universal test application. You
> can download it here:
>
> http://www.libdivecomputer.org/builds/linux/universal
>
> Run with these options:
>
> ./universal -v -l atom2.log -m atom2.bin -b atom2 /dev/ttyUSB0
>
> [1] http://libdivecomputer.org/pipermail/devel/2014-March/000211.html

I should have time to try this tonight.