Dive data import error with Hollis DG03

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 17:02:21 PDT 2014

On 24 March 2014 10:35, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn
<cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com> wrote:
> Could you please list that file:
>
>         $ ls -l /sys/bus/usb-serial/devices/ttyUSB0/latency_timer
>
> Are you sure ttyUSB0 is the device connected to your DC?

ttyUSB0 is the device. It is created when I plug in the usb-serial
cable, and is detected in subsurface when I download from DC. I do not
have the PC with me at the moment, so cannot do the ls, but the file
exists when I plug in the cable, and doesn't when I remove it.

> What's your kernel version?
>
>         $ uname -a

Linux elmo 3.13.5 #1 SMP Fri Feb 28 22:30:40 EST 2014 x86_64 x86_64
x86_64 GNU/Linux

I built the kernel from source downloaded from kernel.org. It's one
minor revision behind the latest stable. No patches applied. It was
configured with 'make oldconfig', using the linux mint config file as
base, then I made a couple of changes (but nothing relating to
usb-serial drivers).