Dive data import error with Hollis DG03

Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com
Mon Mar 24 02:46:36 PDT 2014

On Mon, 24 Mar 2014, Rick Walsh wrote:
> On 24 March 2014 10:48, Hamish Moffatt <hamish at cloud.net.au> wrote:
>
> > The low_latency flag is set by default, which forces it to 1, always.
> >
> > setserial /dev/ttyUSB0 ^low_latency
> >
> > to disable it. Then you can modify the latency_timer entry.
> >

> When I ran the setserial command, the latency_timer value was
> automatically set to 16 - I didn't have to change it manually.
> Subsurface successfully downloaded my last 64 dives. Unfortunately
> the setting isn't persistent - when I remove and replace the cable,
> I have to run setserial again.

You may be able to make that "persistent" by creating an udev-rule.
Start with querying udev about the device:

	# udevadm info --query=all --name /dev/ttyUSB0

to find out what you're able to match.
You may find some inspiration among the already installed rules.
Check out:

	# grep --color tty /lib/udev/rules.d/*

Use the RUN key to instruct udev to automatically execute `setserial'
for you:

	ACTION=="add" <more matching keys here> RUN+="setserial /dev/%p ^low_latency"

Cheers,

--
Cristian