Feedback, features requests, suggestions

Marcin Małecki marcin at maleccy.net
Mon Mar 24 04:16:09 PDT 2014

Dirk

http://trac.hohndel.org/ticket/472#ticket

> That's a good idea. Should be easy enough to implement.
> There is a very mild privacy concern when you share the file and don't
> pay attention (anyone you send the file could get access to future
> locations you are at), but I think that's marginal.

http://trac.hohndel.org/ticket/473#ticket

I also suggested option to have a tick box to ensure user can opt out
from saving his User ID in the file. This should solve privacy concern
you highlighted.

>>  Simply having statistics would probably be
>> better -
>
> We have those in the main tab

Well yes, but information provided there is very limited. Tag could be
incorporated here say additional few lines saying: boat: 10, deep: 25,
lake: 33, river: 44 and so on. Also creating profile from statistics? It
probably would be more useful to have say SAC change over time graph.

> In the meantime - feel
> free to send patches :-)

I wish. Sadly my programming knowledge extends to VBA for Outlook, Excel
and Access only. I would probably need so much help that you are better
of without my attempts at programming.

http://trac.hohndel.org/ticket/474#ticket

http://trac.hohndel.org/ticket/475#ticket

> This has been suggested many times. I have no interest in creating
> asset
> management software. That's about as exciting as an ERP system. I'll
> let
> others work on that.

I am not sure asset management software is what I had in mind. What I
really suggested is an extension of what already is in the application.
Perhaps a separate window under the weights with BCD, hoods, gloves etc.
Other features could be added later one.

Linus
> Do this:
>
>  - open the subsurface-icon.svg in gimp, make it rasterize to some
> reasonable resolution (say 1kx1k)
>  - save it as a png file
>  - go to customink.com or similar T-shirt place, and start importing
> your "artwork" (ie the png file)
>  - pick locations and colors.
>  - Ta-daa. Done.
>
> The first two steps might not even be necessary, although for
> customink.com they are - svg doesn't seem to be a supported format for
> their logo import.

My design skills are truly dreadful. Selecting font, style, size, shape,
placement, etc is not something I know how to do. I would rather just
buy off the shelf t shirt. So if Subsurface ever gets an art/design
contributor who has time to design one I would be buying. I am sure
there are website there which could share proceeds with the project and
manage printing and distribution. My guess is that project would only
need to set up paypal account to hold the money. Then once a year/decade
most active/liked/popular/hated/funny developer could get a t shirt.

Regards
---
Marcin Tomasz Małecki
Linux user #459629