Dive data import error with Hollis DG03

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 05:51:30 PDT 2014

On 24 March 2014 23:22, Hamish Moffatt <hamish at cloud.net.au> wrote:

> Interesting results. I got no errors at all on Windows, even when I reduced
> the latency down to 2ms or maybe even 1ms. You can set it in the registry.
> On linux it was completely reliable at 4ms, mostly at 2ms. Perhaps your DG03
> is even slower than my VT3.

Interesting to know. A bit of googling, and skimming through manuals
indicates the DCs have essentially the same features, except yours
uses a modified Haldanean algorithm, and mine a Buhlmann ZHC-16c
algorithm. Displays look similar, and the cable looks identical.

Mine could be slower, but it had been working fine until yesterday,
with latency at the default 1ms. Maybe it slows down with more dives
stored on it. My DC's log storage is full and it has cleared the first
~80 dives I did with it. It forgets old dives automatically once its
storage is full.

Although it did give me an error with latency at 16ms, it still
managed downloaded all the dives correctly, so I'd consider this
tolerable.