Dive data import error with Hollis DG03

Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com
Mon Mar 24 06:49:26 PDT 2014

On Mon, 24 Mar 2014, Rick Walsh wrote:
> On 24 March 2014 20:46, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn
> <cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com> wrote:
> > You may be able to make that "persistent" by creating an udev-rule.
>
> Thanks Cristian,

No worries.

> After a bit of playing around, I made a rule that worked. I copied to
> /etc/udev/rules.d/usb-serial-latency.rules
> ACTION=="add", KERNEL=="ttyUSB[0-9]*", SUBSYSTEMS=="usb-serial",
> DRIVERS=="ftdi_sio", RUN+="/bin/setserial /dev/%k ^low_latency"
>
> This probably isn't the 'right' solution, but it is a work-around.

I suggest you are more restrictive about matching.  You don't want
that to run for any usb-serial devive you plug in.

What does:

	# udevadm info --query=all --name /dev/ttyUSBx

show.  `man 7 udev' is quite good.  There are a few udev-tutorials on
the net about "writing udev rules" that may show useful too.

Cheers,

--
Cristian