Feature request - Shearwater Petrel Bluetooth support

Jef Driesen jefdriesen at telenet.be
Tue Mar 25 05:46:12 PDT 2014

On 2014-03-24 19:27, Richard DePas wrote:
> Had been working with Dirk on this with ticket #355. Wondering if there
> will be bluetooth support for the Petrel in the new version. Heard it
> was
> not implemented due to the requirement of the Microsoft BT stack but I
> have
> been using the Petrel app on my Android phone that is using BT to
> communicate with the Petrel so there must be a way to make it work
> without
> the MS stack.

As I mentioned in the bugreport, the main reason holding back native
bluetooth support is Mac OS X. For Linux and Windows I already have a
preliminary but working prototype. But we need an implementation for the
Mac too.

Your comment regarding the MS bluetooth stack and android is irrelevant.
The MS bluetooth stack would of course be required on Windows only. On
Android we can probably use the Android stack. But that's yet another
implementation that will have to be written.

Jef