Crash after saving to a git repo

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Mon Mar 31 13:21:57 PDT 2014

On 31 March, 2014 - Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> On Mon, 2014-03-31 at 19:57 +0200, Anton Lundin wrote:
>
> > I trigger this after loading my xml file and then trying to save it to a
> > new branch in a fresh git-repo.
> >
> > I'm kinda confused that I'm seem to be the only one hitting this one,
> > because i can reproduce it to 100%.
>
> So which version of libgit are you using? Distro package? Built from
> source? What's the SHA of the top commit in libgit?

0.19.0 fails 100% for me, 0.19.0-2 Ubuntu trusty. Zero distro patches.

7b445c2 built from source works just fine, (master a couple of hours ago).

I managed to figure out that the Ubuntu version is built with
-DTHREADSAFE=ON, but the packages both in f19 and f20 is built without
threadsafe.

Rebuilt current head fad0412 with -DTHREADSAFE=ON and now it blows up
with a:

src/global.c:206: git__global_state: Assertion `git__n_inits.val' failed.

Current rawhide contains a libgit2 built with -DTHREADSAFE=ON so the
same problem will probably popup there too.

Can anyone else confirm that the problem is related to threadsafe
somehow?

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604