Some issues with the globe

Richard DePas richard.depas at gmail.com
Thu May 1 09:24:28 PDT 2014

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 9:17 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2014-05-01 at 09:13 -0700, Richard DePas wrote:
> >

> >         The 'zoom out when no dive coordinates' have a very good
> >         point, will do a patch for that today.
> >

> > One thing that would be very helpful is looking at the Location field.
> > If provided, it could at least give a starting point. This would avoid
> > having to spin the globe for each dive site.
>
> -ENOPARSE
>
> Can you try again to explain what you mean? Parse the location field and
> figure out where it is on earth?
>
> My most frequent dive spot is "Yellow House"...
>

> I can see how that would be an issue. I have always used that for the
nearest city, state - dive site. You are correct, that field can be used
for almost anything so that will not work to parse for map location.

Maybe looking at the previous dive as a starting point since we tend to
dive general locations time after time. Or maybe add a Dive Site field that
would be tied with coordinates so a Site could be picked and it would
automatically fill in coordinates. That would be very helpful for
shipwrecks as well as repetitive dives on the same sites.