Faulty Dive log

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Thu May 1 18:29:49 PDT 2014

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 5:54 PM, Michael Likes <jetskivet at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Attached is the screen shot of the stacked dives

That is quite impressive.

It certainly *looks* like we imported all those dives as one single
dive, and then had a really odd depth spike in between dives. In
addition, those first three dives seem to be each about 700 _minutes_
long, which is certainly possible with a rebreather, but judging from
your pressure graphs I'm assuming that's not it. So the sample rate is
wrong too. The impressive depth spike between dives is presumably then
the between-the-dive data being interpreted as bogus sample data with
random depths.

So at a guess, I'd say that libdivecomputer is terminally confuse,
possible due to some dive computer memory wrap-around issue. Jef?

Hopefully Jef will make more sense of your libdivecomputer dump.

           Linus