Invasive fix committed - please review and test

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue May 6 11:21:23 PDT 2014

Linus,

this is specifically asking you for help, but everyone else of course
please look into this as well.

As indicated in my last email, the Qt version of Subsurface got the
multi edit semantics wrong. I just pushed two commits that I THINK fix
this, but I am understandably rather nervous about this.

I tested this in many scenarios that I could think of (and had time
for), but this needs a ton more testing.

a) does the code look right
b) does it do what the comments / commit message say it does
c) is that the thing we want to do
d) are there ways you can make it break

Thanks