Bad dive selection when downloading dives..

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon May 12 19:17:53 PDT 2014

Just noticed this when trying to download dives form yesterday, and then
delete one bogus dive that came from my five computer having been serviced
before the trip, and having a new entry for the testing as part of that.

When deleting that test dive after the download, subsurface *also* deleted
the last dive *before* the download. The reason seems to be that the old
dive selection from before the download is still directly active, so when
you pick "Delete dive(s)" it silently deleted more than expected.

Not good.

The "Add new dive" code seems to have a lot of extra code to make the
selection work right. I suspect the download coffee needs the same thing.

     Linus