Stuck making Subsurface on Mac

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri May 23 20:22:02 PDT 2014


On May 23, 2014, at 7:32 PM, Steve Ratts <steveratts at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Dirk,
> 
> I uninstalled qt (to get rid of dbus), and then installed it again, and reran the make on marble (getting the 'Qt QTDBUS library not found' messages)
> 
> brew uninstall qt
> brew install qt
> cd ~/src/marble/build
> cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DQTONLY=TRUE -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local ../sources
> cd src/lib/marble
> make -j4
> install_name_tool -id /usr/local/lib/`echo libmarblewidget.??.dylib` libmarblewidget.dylib
> cp *dylib /usr/local/lib/
> mkdir -p /usr/local/include/marble
> cd ../../../../sources/src/lib
> cp $(find . -name '*.h') /usr/local/include/marble/
> 
> The version of libgit2 I have is apparently v0.20.0. When I previously executed the brew install libgit2 I got the following response.
> 
> ==> Downloading https://github.com/libgit2/libgit2/archive/v0.20.0.tar.gz
> ######################################################################## 100.0%
> ==> cmake .. -DBUILD_TESTS=NO -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local/Cellar/libgit2/0
> ==> make install
> 🍺  /usr/local/Cellar/libgit2/0.20.0: 69 files, 1.2M, built in 19 seconds
> 
> 
> 
> Going back through my install log, I see that the version of AsciiDoc brew installed was 8.6.9.mavericks, and that brew advised I should add 'export XML_CATALOG_FILES=/usr/local/etc/xml/catalog' to my .bashrc file, which I did, and of course I also sourced that file to refresh things. However I now get the following error when attempting to make the documentation from within the Documentation folder
> 
> 
> a2x -f pdf user-manual.txt
> a2x: ERROR: "dblatex" -t pdf -p "/usr/local/Cellar/asciidoc/8.6.9/etc/asciidoc/dblatex/asciidoc-dblatex.xsl" -s "/usr/local/Cellar/asciidoc/8.6.9/etc/asciidoc/dblatex/asciidoc-dblatex.sty"   "/Users/Steve/src/subsurface/Documentation/user-manual.xml" returned non-zero exit status 127
> make: *** [user-manual.pdf] Error 1

I’m sorry, I should have mentioned that it might fail - but that doesn’t matter, it still fixes the issue.

> Given this result, I opted for Robert's suggestion to cp Documentation/user-manual.html.git Documentation/user-manual.html
> 
> This appears to get me unstuck and I've now been able to do a make for subsurface.

You were already unstuck, you just didn’t realize it :-)

> Good news! The app runs, loads my divelog, and now reports itself as Subsurface 4.1.74

Cool

> Next step is to see what can be done about adding filtering to columns, and possibly work on improving the Uemis download (which is, quite frankly, flaky)

Tell me more what’s flaky - I think I’m familiar with all of its warts… I wrote this (reverse engineering their web based uploader) and use it quite frequently.
Reading that code will make your eyes bleed. The downloading protocol is so incredibly stupid that there aren’t enough words in the English language to describe the degree of drug induced insanity that the people who designed it clearly were affected by.

But I really want to know if you are running into problems I haven’t seen - and I would love to have another active tester. So far it’s only Linus and me amongst the active developers.

/D

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.hohndel.org/pipermail/subsurface/attachments/20140523/6945e088/attachment.html>


More information about the subsurface mailing list