planner and dive add should work now

Dirk Hohndel dirk at
Thu May 29 15:04:11 PDT 2014

Oh, nice. I was too careful (or should have checked this before writing my
last email)... it turns out that most of Henrik's issues appear to be
addressed with my changes...

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 03:23:26PM +0200, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen wrote:
> Nice work everyone!  I stumbled upon a couple of things:
> 1) As I planned a dive (10 mins @ 58 meters with 18/45 and 50%) I noticed
> that the MOD, EAD and EADD was wrong:  57, 56 & 56m, while it should be
> something like 68, 23 and 33.  See

We "fixed" this by removing the info overlay (actually I think it would be
correct even if we didn't remove the info overlay - prior to my changes
today the profile was rendered with the wrong gases).

Serious question - did you find the info overlay useful? Robert and I felt
that it was just in the way and so he disabled that...

> 2) The background on that plan is red, which leads me to believe that
> something is wrong?  Maybe related to the wrong values in 1)?

Yes, this was a side effect of the same bug - we were using the wrong
gases when rendering the profile, so even though we correctly calculated
the plan / deco, with the different gases that were used to render the
profile, the dive violated the calculated ceiling and therefore turned

> 3) When I save the dive, the values from 1) change.  Still wrong:  18, 32 &
> 60m.   See  The
> ssrf file is here:

I now get (at 58m): MOD 67, END 27, EADD 23
Those seem correct to me (but are different from what you said you

> 4) 18/45 is nicely shown on the graph when I use that gas, but EAN50 isn't
> shown after the gas switch.

That's because the calculation for the used gas was completely bogus and
that caused the rendering of the gas to fail. This seems to work now.

> 5) I got a crash when planning a second dive, but I haven't been able to
> reproduce it:

This I can't reproduce.

I do get a strange "too many gas mixes" warning when planning this dive.
I'll need to look into that one...

But overall I think we are making serious progress ;-)


More information about the subsurface mailing list