Show deco stops in planner table

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat May 31 21:45:52 PDT 2014

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 03:49:58PM -0700, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> But I'd still argue to not do a separate window (because we are reusing
> the profile and having two windows makes this awkward). Instead let's
> replace the dive list and the globe with more space for the planner where
> we can show more data and generally provide more space.
>
> Here's my suggestion what different pieces of information we could put
> where:
>
> I could see the "settings" style things in the place where we currently
> have the globe (below the profile); that would be
> - start time (that should be absolute, not relative)
> - GF low/high (let's make this a single text field where people enter the
>   comming "30/70" or something along those lines
> - Surface pressure
> - salt / freshwater checkbox
> - last stop at 6m checkbox
> - SAC rates at depth and during deco
> - Ascent speed at depth and between deco stops
>
> Then the Maintab area (to the left of the profile) would hold the
> cylinders and the user entered waypoints
>
> And the dive list area would hold the complete dive plan, clearly showing
> stop times and transition times.

And because I love reminding myself WHY we switched to Qt to begin with...
(and occasionally want to make Tomaz and Thiago proud):

I implemented this last part real quick. And if you look at the three
commits that it took to do so, maybe you'll agree that this was indeed
"real quick". This may not be the best way to do it - but I found it just
amazing HOW EASY it was to add this.

The biggest part of my changes literally was to make the disclaimer
optional in the notes that we show (as that seemed odd to show while you
are planning the dive - and it wasted precious space).

So now the calculated waypoints are no longer in the dive planner points
table - that one only shows the points you enter. Instead the full plan is
shown in the area that usually holds the dive list.

> Other suggestions? Ideas? Counterproposals?

Still interested in that. Just because I spent a little time to implement
part of my proposal doesn't mean I don't want to hear better ideas...