QNetworkAccessManager and changing ApplicationProxy

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Nov 4 11:23:22 PST 2014

Thiago,

silly question. I'm trying to figure out bug #752. Brief summary of that
bug:

Proxy password not used by the app if changed on the fly
- Proxy password has expired
- You try to download GPS point and you get "authentication error"
- You update the password and save new setting but the new password is not
  used by the GPS download feature but it was correctly saved.
- Restart the application, everything works.

When trying to debug this it seems to me that we are indeed correctly
resetting the ApplicationProxy - but that doesn't appear to be used once
applied. So I'm wondering if this has something to do with the fact that
our QNetworkAccessManager was created before the change and is kept
around...

Is there a way to inform the QNetworkAccessManager of the change in proxy
settings? Is that necessary? Am I missing something else that we need to
do to apply the proxy settings at runtime without a restart? Am I barking
up the completely wrong tree?

Thanks