Poseidon CCR dives: Nitrogen loading

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Tue Nov 4 23:44:50 PST 2014

On 05/11/2014 09:11, Miika Turkia wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 3:02 PM, Willem Ferguson
> <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
> <mailto:willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za>> wrote:
>
>     Robert,
>     Would you be prepared to look at the sample dive log in the dives
>     directory? There are two versions of the same dive, one in CSV,
>     another in XML. When importing the CSV version, NO nitrogen
>     causes this?
>

> Isn't nitrogen loading toggled with the N_2 button? If so, I do see
> the nitrogen loading when importing the CSV (of course, I need to
> actually select the .txt file for import, to get the Poseidon parsing
> triggered).
>
> miika
The N2 button toggles display of the nitrogen partial pressure. But it
does not toggle the display of the ceiling and tissue compartment
the one with the diver and the up-arrow). If the gradient factors are
shown above the profile, then it means that display of the calculation
of nitrogen loading at the tissue compartment level is switched on. On
my machine, the NDL remains at the maximum level (120 min) throughout
the dive, no ceiling appears and Robert's tissue loading display (at the
bottom of the panel and in the information box) shows NO tissue loading
at all. Yet, the XML dive log shows strong tissue loading and looks much
more realistic to me. I suspect it is just a variable that needs to be
set somewhere, but I am clueless.
Kind regards,
willem