Poseidon CCR dives: Nitrogen loading

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Wed Nov 5 11:57:34 PST 2014

On 05/11/2014 21:26, Robert C. Helling wrote:
> My understanding is that at the moment we are not yet plotting two
> cylinder pressures (dil and O2) at the same time. It is just that the
> O2 gets plotted while you are expecting the dil to be plotted. Am I
> right? Note that on the left, where the gas name should be, it reads
> (at least at my resolution) AIR100 which is likely the result of first
> printing EAN100 and then AIR on top of that. Right now I don't
> understand where in the code it is determined which cylinder pressure
> is plotted and gas name attached.
> Best Robert
While reviewing dive.c I came across at least one place where the
dive->cylinder data members are copied individually. And since I have
added two new members to cylinder, (the int variables
oxygen_cylinder_index and diluent_cylinder_index), they are of course
not copied. That code will need some careful consideration, although I
do not think it is used now, only when cylinder data are moved or
concatenated. Similarly, while reviewing gaspressures.c, I came across
places where the new enum variables should be used, instead of the
constants that I declared at that time. But since we are working with a
standard system with o2 cyl has index 0 and dil cylinder has index 1, I
cannot see that this could play a role in the present problem. But it
needs attention and soon.
Kind regards,
willem