Multi-Filter Search in action draft

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Wed Nov 5 14:12:13 PST 2014

On 03 November, 2014 - Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 03, 2014 at 11:50:32PM +0100, Anton Lundin wrote:
> > I haven't had a look at this feature before, but now when i played
> > around with it i can't do anything but agree with Davide, Wow.
> >
> > Awesome work!
>
> Completely agree.
>
> > A couple of feedback notes just:
> >
> > * When filtered on a tag, if you close the tag-filter-box you get no
> >   feedback that you're still only showing "filtered" dives. Would be
> >   nice with some notification like the edit-blurb or something with a
> >   clear all filters box or something.
>
> If you look at Davide's design there's supposed to be a filter 'bar' that
> remains as long as the filter is active - and when you close that bar as
> well, the filter gets cleared.
>
> There are a few far more serious issues with the current version (and I'm
> working on fixing them): as the filter eliminates dives from what is
> visible, their "selected" state is not cleared. So if you select all
> dives, then filter down to fewer dives, in the statistics tab you can see
> that it still thinks all dives are selected...
>
> > * My buddy list might be damaged, but i get quite a few of the ones with
> >   a space in the beginning of the name. Probably due to that i usually
> >   write minion1, minion2 and so on, with a comma-space in between.
>
> We had several versions during development that added spaces and even
> commas to the tags that were written to the data file. Might be worth
> cleaning that up.

There was a bug in the buddy tag widget, always storing the non-first
buddys with a <space> in the begining of that name.

I just sent a patch to remove that <space> but i thought it looked
better with a space there, so maybe we should update the buddy-filter
code to .trim() the strings instead of taking that patch...

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604